Top Surgery Grant
Genderbands mission is to help transgender men and gender non-conforming people pay for their gender-affirming top surgery. This is an expensive surgery, averaging $6,000, that is not covered by most insurance companies. Top surgery is very important in relieving dysphoria and depression, therefore greatly improving quality of life and, in some cases, insuring someone’s life continues.
Our first ever grant is $1,228!! Thank you for making this possible!!
1) Applicants must be 18 or older at time of applying.
2) Applicants will need to show they have already raised 50% of their needed funds as well as an active plan to continue to raise funds. Our grant program is meant to help close the gap from your own fundraising efforts and your surgery amount.
3) It is not necessary for applicants to identify as FTM. Non-binary persons are welcome to apply. If you have boobs, want them gone, and don’t identify as cis-female, you can apply.
4) Surgeon must be in the USA but applicants can live anywhere in the world.
6) Surgery must take place within 12 months of being awarded the grant.
7) Be willing to let us follow you on your top surgery journey. We are a community!
Remember that funding is provided by donations and sales.
We worked hard for two years to get to the point that we could give away our first grant. We had an original goal of $700 but blew that away with $1,228! This year, we want the grant to be even bigger! Funding for the grant comes from donations and sales so spread the word. Let’s start filling this year’s Top Surgery Grant fund and give someone the gift of freedom!
Thermometer By ABC Fundraising®